Why is this medication prescribed?
Furosemide is suitable for the treatment of high blood pressure. It cannot be used alone. Practitioners only recommend its use in combination with other medicines. Doctors take it as an option for Edema’s treatment (fluid retention; excess fluid held in body tissues). Edema can be due to numerous medicinal complications and heart, kidney, and liver illness. Furosemide is classified in a diuretic (‘water pills’) class of medicine. It helps the organs to get rid of unwanted water and salt from the body into the urine.
High BP is a common disease; in the absence of timely treatment, it can impair the mind, heart, blood arteries, kidneys, and further chunks of the body. Impairment to these tissues may root heart illness, a heart outbreak, heart catastrophe, stroke, kidney catastrophe, loss of eyesight, and other difficulties. You have to change your lifestyle along with medicine to control BP. Avoid smoking, and being an Alcoholic low-fat diet and regular exercise can lead you to manage your BP.
How should this medicine be used?
Furosemide is an oral medicine. It comes in a tablet and solution (liquid) form. Doctors usually advise to take it once or twice a day. In the case of edema treatment, medics recommend taking it once in a weak or on some specific days. In the case of hypertension, it can be taken once in a day on a fixed time. Self-medication is harmful to health. In the case of this medicine, you have to be more careful. You must follow the instructions of the prescription label and, in case of any confusion, contact your doctor or pharmacist.
Furosemide can control high BP and Edema. Its the best to keep in mind that it’s not a complete cure. Even if you feel better, don’t stop taking it without concerning your doctor.
Other uses for this medicine
This medicine also recommends for other uses; concern your doctor or pharmacist for more details.
What special precautions should I follow?
Before taking furosemide,
· If furosemide or other medicines of the same salt are not suitable for you, they must inform you concern medics, i.e., doctors or pharmacists.
· In case of intaking of Carafate salt medicines, you have to take at least two hours before the intake of furosemide.
· If you are facing some kidney disease then must inform your doctor before taking this medicine
· Patients with liver disease, diabetes, gout, or systematic lupus erythematosus must tell the doctors before prescription of this medicine. Even if any person has had some symptoms of these disease in the past must say the doctors.
· Pregnant or breast-feeding females must not take this medicine and tell about your doctor too.
· If doctors recommend any surgical operation for you and you are taking this medicine. It will help if you inform your surgeon.
· This medicine makes skin most sensitive to sunlight. So use sun blockers and other PPEs for sunshine.
· This medication can root wooziness. Weakness and even unconsciousness if you get up too swiftly from the bed. To avoid this, you have to get up from bed slowly and keep your feet on the floor in a much relaxing way. In the case of alcoholic patients, it can be an unfavorable addition to this medicine’s side effects.
What special dietary instructions should I follow?
You have to take less salty and calcium-rich diet like bananas, prunes, raisins, and orange juice while taking this medicine as per your medic’s instructions.
What should I do if I forget a dose?
If you miss a dose of some time, then take it when you remember. But never take two doses consecutively upon losing a single one.
What side effects can this medication cause?
Communicate your medic if any of these indications are serious:
· More than usual urination
· unclear vision
· Blockage of a long intestine
Some adjacent paraphernalia can be solemn. In case of facing any single one of these symptoms must concern your medic instantly or go for emergency medical treatment:
· some noise in ears
· facing hearing problems
· sores or detaching skin
· exertion in breathing
· staining of the skin or eyes
What should I know about storage and disposal of this medication?
Keep this drug in the ampule it came in, firmly bolted, and out of the grasp of broods. Stock it at room temperature and away from excessive-high heat and humidity (not in the bathroom)—Marshal of unexploited furosemide solution after three months.
In case of emergency/overdose
In the case of overindulging, call the toxic control helpline at 1-800-222-1222. Info is also obtainable online at https://www.poisonhelp.org/help. If the dupe has distorted, had an appropriation, has difficulty breathing, or can’t be roused, directly call emergency services at 911.
Symptoms of overdose may include:
· life-threatening thirst
· dehydrated mouth
· life-threatening tiredness
· stomach spasms
What other information should I know?
Lab and doctors must be on board. Your blood pressure should be observed frequently. CBC tests should be done sporadically.
Before having any lab test, tell your medic and the lab staff that you are taking furosemide.
Do not permit any other to take your medicine. Request your druggist any queries you have about replenishing your dose.